Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Surreal Photography

I am thinking about my next and final project, and because I love to create composite images, I started looking at surreal images.  I am inspired by the work of Hieronymus Bosch from the 1400's to the early 1500's.  His compositions are peculiar and busy and I am drawn to the colors he used.  Here are a few of his paintings found on www.hieronymus-bosch.org.
The Concert in the Egg - Hieronymous Bosch - www.hieronymus-bosch.org
The Concert in the Egg



Garden of Earthly Delights, central panel of the triptych - Hieronymous Bosch - www.hieronymus-bosch.org
Garden of Earthly Delights, Central Panel

Saint Christopher Carrying the Christ Child through a Sinful World 1520 - Hieronymous Bosch - www.hieronymus-bosch.org
Saint Christopher Carrying the Christ Child through a Sinful World

I also found some more contemporary images.
Some of these are just unbelievable and must have taken an enormous amount of time.  I love the color balance of these images.
Here is the blog with more surreal images:
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/surreal-photo-manipulation-40-amazing-artworks/


surreal world Surreal Photo Manipulation: 40 Amazing Artworks

egg house Surreal Photo Manipulation: 40 Amazing ArtworksTales from the hidden attic Surreal Photo Manipulation: 40 Amazing Artworks

No comments:

Post a Comment